Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between translation and interpretation?
The main difference between translation and interpretation is that translation involves written content, while interpretation involves verbal communication. Translation uses computer aided translation tools and takes place over a period of time. Interpretation uses a different set of equipment, and it happens in real time usually over a short period of time.
When would you use a professional translating and interpreting service?
Use a professional translation and interpreting service when you need high-quality or quick turnarounds on translations or interpreting services. A language service provider should have the language resources to accommodate your needs and provide a high-quality result.
What are the types of interpretation?
1. Consecutive - translating content live with a speaker pausing to allow time for interpreting.
2. Simultaneous - translating content live with a speaker not pausing to allow time for interpreting.
3. Conference Services - interpreting for global in-person or remote meetings.
4. Over-the-Phone - connecting customers to interpreters via the phone.
5. Video Remote - voice and video and collaboration sessions between two parties and an interpreter.
6. Escort / Travel - informal interpreting for travel.
What’s the difference between simultaneous and consecutive interpreting?
Simultaneous interpreting is when a speaker speaks without pausing, and an interpreter translates the content at the same time. With consecutive interpreting, the speaker takes short breaks after speaking to give the interpreter time to translate the content.
Request a Free Quote
Ensure your Hispanic employees have the same company information as your English-speaking team members. Reach out today for a free quote and learn more about how we can help you communicate effectively with a broader audience!Request a Quote